Dry Ice Wart Removal
There are no ifs, ands or buts about it – warts are no fun to deal with. They’re ugly and often painful, especially if they’re in a spot you use a lot. But so many of the over the counter cures take forever to remove warts or simply don’t work at all.
You can always go to the doctor too, but that’s kind of an ordeal. Plus it will cost you at least a co-paymant and maybe more. So what can you do if you have a wart you need to get rid of? You guessed it – dry ice again.
Just Like the Doc
In fact, dry ice is often exactly what the doctor would use to remove your wart anyway. Typically they use either dry ice or liquid nitrogen, and while liquid nitrogen is quite a bit colder than dry ice, the difference is pretty much irrelevant for this purpose.
So why not save the time and money that a doctor’s visit would cost you and get rid of your wart all on your own? You won’t have to wait for an appointment either. And if you’re anything like me, the quicker that wart is gone, the happier you’ll be.
Keep in mind, though, that just because you can do this yourself at home, you still have to be careful. Dry ice is extremely cold, which makes it perfect for freezing warts but can also cause some other complications for you if you don’t take proper precautions.
Throughout dry ice wart removal and any other time you’re dealing with dry ice, remember that you should never let dry ice touch your skin. Of course, when you’re removing warts, you’ll have to let the dry ice touch the wart itself, but be sure to avoid the surrounding areas. This can cause tissue damage and scarring.
Also, always use heavy gloves or tongs when you’re picking up and handling dry ice. And remember not to leave it out where other people or pets may wind up touching it inadvertently. You can dispose of dry ice by dissolving it in the sink, or simply stick it in the freezer (safely wrapped up) for future use.
Attacking Your Wart
The process for using dry ice to remove a wart is pretty straightforward. Be sure to clear and sanitize a work surface for yourself first. Also, make sure your wart and the surrounding area is clean and sanitary. Gently remove or file down any excess skin that may have grown over the wart itself.
Once the wart is exposed and clean, apply a small piece of dry ice to it. Be careful not to let the dry ice touch any of the surrounding skin and only hold the dry ice in place for thirty seconds. If it is painful at all, remove the dry ice immediately.
At that point, you should either be able to scrape the wart off easily or simply flex the area near the wart to encourage it to fall off. You may need to reapply the dry ice if the wart does not come off completely the first time. Just remember, this shouldn’t hurt so don’t push yourself too far.